I want to be beautiful and make you stand in awe of me.
Look inside my heart and be amazed.
I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough
I want to be worthy of love and be beautiful.
-Bethany Dillon

Wednesday, January 26, 2011



Romans 8:26 (NLT) "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words."


I know that no one is subscribed to my blog, EXCEPT my dear friend Melody. Because of her hard work on this blog and loving prompting, I am, once again, "revisiting" my unused forum for what is on my heart. So, as I sit here and type, I wonder, "What do I do with it?" And the answer is clear....

Letters to God.


While I LOVE my Life Journaling, I do not do it as much as I should
(that is something I really need to do this year) I type faster than I can write. (legibly at least LOL)


So here is my first attempt at this....Lord, prompt me, open my heart...here we go...



January 26,2011

Dear Jesus,


I am struggling with "do I start this letter with Jesus, Daddy, God, Father, etc." I know that you are ALL, but what is proper? HAHA LOL....So I went with how I am feeling today. Today, you are MY JESUS. Not knowing what tomorrow brings, tomorrow "Savior" may be appropraite, who knows? Actually you do! hee hee. I know that you are ALL these things, ALL THE TIME, but I will start this journey on whatever "name" comes to me that day OK? Now, I would like to say that I am going to do this EVERY day but my track record is not good with following through. IN ALL areas of my life. From Life Journaling, to blogging, to even following through with my word. I am beginning to see how that affects many areas in my life. So, here I am once again, attempting to do something. I pray that you will prompt me, remind me, that I NEED to do this everyday. My hope and my prayers are these, that over time, as I re-read these letters to you Jesus, whether they are just letters, poems, rants, or praise reports, I will be able to look back and see just how much you have blessed me. I wait in anticipation to see what you are going to do. You know our (my) struggles right now and it is ALL in your hands. There are SO many things that I could pray for specifically but you already now my and my family's needs. I KNOW you are going to come through on what your will is for my family. Thank you SO much for all you have done already this year! From the "new" van with a CD player, the money to fix it, Becca's haircut, tickets to the basketball game, not to mention all the other "little" things that you do everyday. I am so blessed by you. In this time of turmoil and great concern, it is because of you and your faithfulness that I am not so depressed that I can not get out of bed. Or crying so many tears that they fill my heart to the point of breaking. This is TRULY a Journey of Faith. So, as I walk on this journey, I will look for you, everywhere. My prayer today is for Curt's job. You know that we are 3 WEEKS away from his unemployment being over, no extensions left. AND you know that we just found out he is #1 on the Eugene work list for the Union, after almost 4 YEARS of no work, of waiting for there to be a job. That is NO coincidence, that is YOU! :) I KNOW you will send that phone call, even in the 11th hour and he will go back to work, I HAVE FAITH! I will thank you ahead of time....thank you.


I love you and thank you for holding my hand as we walk on this Journey of Faith, even though I know there is only one set of footprints right now;)


Love,

Your Princess


2 comments:

Melody said...

I'm proud of you. Spill it all out here. Leave nothing left and He will fill you. Each day has its own new mercy.

journey.of.faith said...

THANKS MY FRIEND:)

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones