I want to be beautiful and make you stand in awe of me.
Look inside my heart and be amazed.
I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough
I want to be worthy of love and be beautiful.
-Bethany Dillon

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A lot has gone on the last few weeks and especially this week. My heart is aching, my mind is reeling and my body is shutting down. I mean, all this is making me physically sick....but I know that I will be okay, this is something I must go through and it is those little glimpses of hope and faith that keep me holding on...tight, to my Lord.

As a reminder, rather than a letter, I am copying a post from a "conversation" today. A reminder of how far God will go to meet me, no matter what my situation. After a morning of not feeling well, I kept getting this nagging feeling to call my church and talk about my upcoming session. So, I called and was quite surprised to have Pastor Brad answer the phone. "Oh goodness...do I hang up?" This is not the first time this has happened, that Pastor just "happened" to answer the phone when I call. It happened a few months ago as well. What are the chances?? Well, in this case 3 minutes out of 1440 minutes in a day. Not really high "odds" that Jodi would step away from the phone in those brief 3 minutes and I just happen to call in that time frame. Why those three minutes? I have an idea....Because my God will do ANYTHING to get my attention and to let me know that He knows what I am going through. Even if that means to be lovingly asked by my pastoral authority "Where have you been?"....sometimes we need that loving reprimand to bring us back to where we are supposed to be.



Melissa Wirth-Newell said to Jodi Lutz Frazee

if you are at the church tell PB thanks for the conviction! :) Something happened last night, literally knocked me off my feet and to my knees, and I am not feeling well so I stayed home today...Been praying about it, thinking about it and I kept hearing, "call the church", so i finally did and just about hung up when PB answered the phone! OH MAN. ‎1 minute into the conversation, asking about talking with Eileen, he says "Where have you been?" How is it that my pastor, of a pretty big church notices it when I, little me, is not at church for a couple of weeks? I told him, we had be...en sick (true) and busy (true), but then the REAL truth comes out when I blurtted out "Just being lazy" WHAAAT?? What compelled my mouth to say that?? The truth hurts, when you realize it! "Well, I am going to the Gathering, reading my bible, meeting with friends, but we sleep in on Sundays"......You can just imagine what PB said to that LOL....No more hiding and not giving my time to God. Just let PB know if ya see him...when I heard his voice, I ALMOST hung up...but knew it was not a good choice to hang up on my Pastor cause of my disobedience. Tell him TY for the 5 minute phone session. Now I know why God kept putting it on my heart to call the church today, cause he knew PB would answer the phone LOL...I love you all and am so blessed by my LBC family, even when I become the stubborn, wayward child and it takes my family to bring me back in. Oh man, re-reading that..I am full of excuses of why we have not been there and PB sees right through that

Jodi Lutz Frazee replies

Yes, God has given him a LOT of discernment! And what's funny is, I only left the phones for like three minutes all day, and that's when he answered the phone! I hope u see how much God is chasing after you! Now quit running/hiding! Love u, Melissa!


Melissa Wirth-Newell replies

And it would be in those three minutes that I call...that's not funny, that's God ♥....i see it...i just need to keep running to Him Love you too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones