I want to be beautiful and make you stand in awe of me.
Look inside my heart and be amazed.
I want to hear you say who I am is quite enough
I want to be worthy of love and be beautiful.
-Bethany Dillon

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Believe


by Melissa Wirth-Newell

Why is there so much sorrow in my joy?
This is supposed to be a time for rejoicing,
but my heart is aching,
longing for the days that used to be.
When things were right with the world,
When you were here with me.


I want you here,
to listen to the beat of a heart.
To see your face light up
at the sound of your dream.
You were taken away from me,
before you were supposed to go,
why do we have to be apart?

You should be here,
enjoying this new journey,
that Life has given us.
We should be giggling,
whispering our thoughts,
planning the celebration,
anticipating this amazing,
God given creation.

I want you here,
to help me with this new life.
To hear your sweet laughter,
fill the rooms again.
It does not seem right without you
to be this happy.
Somedays,
nothing else matters.

But because of you,
I can do this.
I can begin to breathe again.
It may not be easy,
at times I feel like I want to die.
But because of you,
with all my heart
I will give this new life a try.

For I know you are watching,
you are here with me.
Waiting,
anticipating,
to see what is to come.
You are everywhere,
in the tulips,
the butterflies,
the rainbows in the sky.
I think of you when I see these tokens,
sometimes they make my heart cry.
Other times, they bring me pure joy.
Because of this new life,
I will be strong,
for I know I will see your face someday,
In the blink of His eye,
it will not be long.

Because of you,
I know I can do this.
Because of you,
I will forever continue,
to just...
Believe


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones